Research Process Step : Literature View

Step 2: Literature View

-> “The literature review is a critical look at the existing research that is significant to the work that you are carrying out…”
-> Why do a Literature Review? -> The purpose is to Define your research problem. Find a gap, ask a question, continue previous research, explore counter-claims. Read possibly every source relevant to your research problem. Gather information to get significant literature published on the topic.
-> Critical Reading -> Look for evidence for every statement in the Model, Algorithms, Methods, Definitions , Results. Expert opinions written are still hypothesis and have never been tested or proven. Make sure that conclusions are Justified by the methods & results and not based on unsubstantiated claims and speculations. Look for Gaps, inconsistencies, unexplained and unexpected findings
-> How does writing a Literature Review help you? -> Expands your knowledge about the topic, Improves Information Seeking skills, Improves Critical Thinking skills.
-> Questions… Ask yourself:How good has my review been?, Have I found all the material?, Has irrelevant material been excluded?, Have I critically analyzed the related work?, Have I assessed and discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the related work?, Have I assessed and discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the related work?, Have I discussed that papers that is contrary to my perspective?, Have I cited my sources correctly?
-> Source of Information -> University Library, IEEE Explore, CiteSeerX, ACM Digital Library, Scholars Portal, Google Scholar, E-books , Books, periodicals.

Post a Comment

0 Comments